The main hall at the Contact Centre provides an attractive and appealing environment, which is carefully prepared to aid development and to promote independence within a calm and ordered space. The equipment and resources are scaled down so as to be easily used and manipulated by small pairs of hands; the children are able to select the activities which appeal to them from easily -accessible open shelving.
Montessori Infant Community
The Contact Centre,
60 Hambalt Road,
London SW4 9EH
We welcome children from 12 – 30/36 months
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 – 12:00
Optional additional sessions:
Mondays 9:30 – 12:00
Please bring the following with you on your child’s first day at the Infant Community:
- A full set of spare clothes, clearly labelled, in a labelled bag
- Extra clothing for the ‘bottom half’, which is more likely to need changing.
- Nappies and wipes, or extra pants, as appropriate.
- A pair of labelled comfortable indoor shoes. These should be of a kind that your child can put on and take off by her/himself. Crocs plimsolls and slippers with adjustable Velcro straps are popular choices
- If your child has any special dietary requirements/food allergies, please provide a list of foods to avoid.
The child’s conquest of independence begins with his first introduction to life.
Dr Maria Montessori