We are delighted that you have chosen to visit our environment and, in order to make the most of your visit, we ask you to please read and observe the following guidelines:
- Please arrive promptly at the agreed time. You will be greeted by a member of staff, who will ask you to sign in in the visitors’ book and show you where you may sit. Adults in a Montessori environment should be as unobtrusive as possible and therefore we ask that you remain seated and observe the Infant Community from that position. If your child wishes to explore the environment, please do let them do so. You will be able to see how they interact with the staff and other children. We ask, however, that you minimise your own interactions with other children/staff so as to avoid any disruption.
- During your visit we would encourage you to observe the interactions of the children with each other, the staff’s interaction with the children, the children’s ability to work independently and their ability to work together harmoniously. These are all illustrative of Montessori theory in practice.
- Whilst the Infant Community is in session, the staff’s priority is of course to ensure the safety of the children entrusted to our care and so our attention will be focused on them. Visitors are therefore encouraged to make a note of any questions that may occur to them and to raise these at the end of their visit when staff will have time to answer them.
- Please refrain from using mobile phones whilst in the Infant Community. If you need to make or take a phone call, staff will show you where you may do so. The taking of photographs and videos is not permitted for safeguarding reasons.
- All personal possessions such as bags and buggies etc. must be stored safely and out of reach of the children, who are naturally curious at this age. A member of staff will show you where you may put these.
We look forward to your visit and very much hope that you will find it both enjoyable and informative.