The first experience your child has of the environment is a short visit, which will give her/him an opportunity to look around and to begin to familiarise her/himself with their surroundings. The visit lasts 30 minutes during which the directresses will approach your child and invite her/him to join in or to watch different activities; your child will also have the opportunity to explore the classroom freely.
Please read the guidelines below:
- Please arrive promptly at the agreed time. You will be greeted by a member of staff, who will ask you to sign the Visitor’s Book and show you where you may sit.
- Adults in a Montessori environment should be as unobtrusive as possible and therefore we ask that you remain seated throughout your visit.
- A chair is also available for the visiting child, so that she/he can choose whether to sit and watch, or to move around the environment.
- Visiting adults are encouraged to make a note of any questions that may occur to them and to raise these at the end of the visit, when staff will be available to answer them.
- Please refrain from using mobile phones whilst in the environment. If you need to make or take a phone call, staff will show you where you may do so. The taking of photographs and videos is not permitted for safeguarding reasons.